Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Highlighting Special Moments

I recently read a post from Social 'n Sport called Four Social Media Lessons from the NFL. Third on her list was "Find 'those' moments". It talked about how the NFL highlights moments from game day that someone who isn't attending the game does not get to see. These "moments" include pictures of fans, players getting off the bus, signs on the field, etc. (see images below).

As a college student breaking in to this field, I found the following line really important:

"Stop for a moment and take in the world around you. There are pre-game rituals going on, moments between teammates, player quirks being highlighted, crazy fans and so much more. Tell more than a game story."

In the post, she says that sometimes we take these things for granted. I find that to be very true. If I am a social media manager someday, I will be sure to always stop and take a moment to capture it and share with the fans. It's all about sharing what's going on at the event with the audience.





If you are interested in social media and sports like me, I highly recommend following Jessica Smith on Twitter (@WarJessEagle) and also follow here blog here: http://socialnsport.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment